About the Program
All volunteers must be trained and log two trips on the trail before taking out a passenger.
Ride Start and Finish
A typical ride starts at the Dungeness River Audubon Center. However we work with a number of resident care facilities in Sequim and pick up riders at their locations. If you are interested in a ride, contact us; we may be able to pick you up at your location.
The DUET has been safety tested and has passed US and Canadian government regulations.
Sequim Wheelers' Bike Chair Safety & Comfort Features
- #1 Feature.....FRESH AIR AND SUNSHINE
- comfortable cup shaped wheelchair
- split footplates for safe boarding into the wheelchair
- tire shield covers to keep hands out of the wheels
- removable headrests and armrests
- chest harness seat belt on the wheelchair
- 7 speed pedal assist (approximately 19-25 miles per charge)
- twin drum brakes on the chair's wheel
- back pedal brake on the bicycle
- helmets for both driver and rider