About the Program
Nicole, founder, and Greg Lepping
All volunteers must be trained and log two trips on the trail before taking out a passenger.
Ride Start and Finish
A typical ride starts at the Dungeness River Audubon Center. However we work with a number of resident care facilities in Sequim and pick up riders at their locations. If you are interested in a ride, contact us; we may be able to pick you up at your location.
Tentative Ride Schedule 2018
The DUET has been safety tested and has passed US and Canadian government regulations.
Sequim Wheelers' Bike Chair Safety & Comfort Features
- #1 Feature.....FRESH AIR AND SUNSHINE
- comfortable cup shaped wheelchair
- split footplates for safe boarding into the wheelchair
- tire shield covers to keep hands out of the wheels
- removable headrests and armrests
- chest harness seat belt on the wheelchair
- 7 speed pedal assist (approximately 19-25 miles per charge)
- twin drum brakes on the chair's wheel
- back pedal brake on the bicycle
- helmets for both driver and rider